Ugh. Those extra five reps I added last week are still clobbering me!
I know they'll get better, but dammit, I want them to be better NOW!
(Have I mentioned that my default setting tends to be, "I'm patient with everybody except myself"?)
Main set of 70 reps, I kept the time today and it was almost right at 60 seconds. So yeah, they're fast and need to be slowed down. I acknowledge that.
"Greasy" sets of 50 reps each, those I've been doing at a rate of about 1/sec (I have to keep the timer in my field of vision or I start speeding up). I swear, I think they're getting harder instead of easier, but I'm also trying to focus more on details of form for those.
I think the "schedule" says I add 5 more reps next week. I may push that back a bit if these aren't "locked in" better than this.
I know they'll get better, but dammit, I want them to be better NOW!
(Have I mentioned that my default setting tends to be, "I'm patient with everybody except myself"?)
Main set of 70 reps, I kept the time today and it was almost right at 60 seconds. So yeah, they're fast and need to be slowed down. I acknowledge that.
"Greasy" sets of 50 reps each, those I've been doing at a rate of about 1/sec (I have to keep the timer in my field of vision or I start speeding up). I swear, I think they're getting harder instead of easier, but I'm also trying to focus more on details of form for those.
I think the "schedule" says I add 5 more reps next week. I may push that back a bit if these aren't "locked in" better than this.
no subject
no subject
By any chance did they say how they defined "plateau of accomplishment"? I've heard similar advice, which is why I'm going to have to push back the next increment if these aren't "locked in" better. I suspect we're saying similar things, I'm just curious if those who used to tell you such things gave any deeper insight.
Thanks again!