Frustrated, but still determined.
Since mid-May I've been doing three sets of pushups daily, with rest days on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Each of the other 5 days I do one large "main" set and two smaller "grease the skids" sets, to work on form, details, etc.
I've been incrementing the main set every four weeks, and the smaller sets every two weeks. Monday is the next scheduled date to increment the smaller sets.
After some reflection, I am forced to admit that the "greasy" sets are not yet ready to be expanded -- they're just not "solid" enough yet. So, I'm going to keep those sets the same size through another two-week period and see how they're doing, judge if they're ready to be expanded after another two weeks.
Not gonna lie, it's not an easy decision for me. Or maybe more accurate to say it's not an easy admission, even to myself.
The goal remains the same. Hopefully the timetable can realistically remain the same as well, but if not? Well, it was arbitrarily chosen, so it can be arbitrarily changed, too.
I don't like it, but I prefer to think that I acknowledge "what is" over "what I want."
Since mid-May I've been doing three sets of pushups daily, with rest days on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Each of the other 5 days I do one large "main" set and two smaller "grease the skids" sets, to work on form, details, etc.
I've been incrementing the main set every four weeks, and the smaller sets every two weeks. Monday is the next scheduled date to increment the smaller sets.
After some reflection, I am forced to admit that the "greasy" sets are not yet ready to be expanded -- they're just not "solid" enough yet. So, I'm going to keep those sets the same size through another two-week period and see how they're doing, judge if they're ready to be expanded after another two weeks.
Not gonna lie, it's not an easy decision for me. Or maybe more accurate to say it's not an easy admission, even to myself.
The goal remains the same. Hopefully the timetable can realistically remain the same as well, but if not? Well, it was arbitrarily chosen, so it can be arbitrarily changed, too.
I don't like it, but I prefer to think that I acknowledge "what is" over "what I want."
no subject
no subject